The aim of the Second Life Exercise is to serve as a periodical, in-depth, psychodynamic reset.
We will capture and explore where we are in life in our relationships, feelings, self-esteem, pleasure, love and security, and also therefore where we are heading. I hope it can help us uncover, verbalise, understand our instincts and emotions, and perhaps reframe in healthier ways how we perceive ourselves and the world around us.
I like to use the whole exercise on a yearly-ish basis (New Year’s and Birthday), and I use many of the elements on a daily basis, or when I’m feeling particuarly anxious or overwhelmed. It’s intended primarily for people like me: anxious, semi-preoccupied, and perhaps deep-down, quite insecure, so is biased towards these feelings and thoughts.
The Exercise is based on the video here.
- 👁️ Template and Walk-Through for Step 1: Collect for Feelings, Experiences and Preoccupations
- 🧠 Template and Walk-Through for Step 2: Consider
- 🔨 Template and Walk-Through for Step 3: Correct
- 👤Template and Walk-Through for Finding Your Why
- 🫀Daily/As Needed Template for Anxiety is Fear Exercise
- 🫂Daily/As Needed Template for Reconsider this Relationship Exercise
How do I download the template?
Open the template link, then click "Duplicate" on the top right corner to duplicate it to your workspace 🖤 There's also a PDF file with a walk-through of how to access and use the exercise inside!
You'll get the Notion Template as well as a quick PDF summary of how to use it!